The Vibby is an advanced fall detector which can be worn on the wrist or around the neck. It will automatically raise an alert if it senses the user has fallen, and also enables the wearer to easily call for help manually.
The Vibby can give confidence to anyone who is at risk of falling, such as people with limited mobility, older people and people with long-term conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
How does it work?
Using an innovative algorithm and a new pressure sensor, the Vibby is designed to automatically detect a serious fall and raise an alert.
The wearer can also manually raise an alert by pressing the button on the face of the Vibby. Confirmation that an alert has been raised will be given by an LED light and vibration.
Please note: The fall detection technology in the Vibby does not allow analysis and interpretation of all fall situations. Soft falls, slumping falls, descent controlled falls against a wall or a chair, etc…are not detected by the Vibby. In spite of its algorithm capabilities considering the technologies used and the target to minimise false alarms, all falls even dangerous-heavy falls cannot be detected, this is the reason why the presence of the manual trigger on the Vibby remains vital for the user.
Lightweight and discreet with a range of wearing options and adjustable sensitivity, the iVi intelligent pendant provides constant care, automatically.
What is the iVi intelligent pendant?
The iVi intelligent pendant is a small, lightweight device and like other pendants, the iVi allows the wearer to press a help button to generate an alarm call when they need help from anywhere in their home, 24 hours a day.
The iVi also provides an added layer of protection by automatically generating a call for assistance if a fall is detected and the wearer is unable to push the help button.
Features and benefits
- Lightweight, discreet, unisex design with choice of wearing options for ultimate wear ability
- Adjustable sensitivity with three different levels to suit individual needs and circumstances
- Ergonomic alert button enabling people with visual impairments or limited dexterity to raise a call for help
- Crescendo audible alert and status LED provide user with reassurance the iVi has registered a fall
- Cancellation button enabling the wearer to cancel activations if required, reducing the number of false calls (this function can be disabled if required)
- Water resistant to IP67 standard enabling the iVi to be worn in the bathroom where falls may pose a particular risk
- Automatic low battery warnings – ensuring optimum operation at all times
- Long-life, replaceable battery in easy-open compartment to enable simple replacement
Please note: Due to the wide variety and type of falls some falls may not be detected. In the event of a fall the service user should always be advised to try and press the help button on the iVi.
How Does it Work
If the iVi detects the wearer has fallen, the integral LED will illuminate green, and the sounder volume level will gradually increase. During this stage, the wearer may press the cancel button to cancel the activation.
If the alarm is not cancelled within 10 seconds, the LED will become red and the audible sounder will emit a tone indicating that an alarm has been generated.
The Lifeline unit receives the alarm and dials for assistance, or an alert is raised to MASCOT.